Hello,
if you open given profile in SCAP Workbench, and click on "customize", you'll be queried to insert new profile ID for the customized profile. Default is original_profile_customized thus you can fetch the internal profile name that way. If you already have customization created, then it is ID of the root element. A bit cumbersome, yes.

Hope it helps,
Marek