On 08/24/2018 06:06 PM, Sachin Vyas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Greetings.
>
> I need to perform OpenSCAP scan in an automated manner using command
> line tool 'oscap' on a RHEL 6.5 machine but not able to find a way to
> list all the available profiles ( installed by scap-security-guide rpm
> package ). Is it possible to list all the available profiles on a RHEL
> 6.5 machine using oscap or by constructing a os command so that I can
> choose one of the available profiles and feed it into oscap and perform
> the scan.
>
> Thanks
> Hello Sachin,
I am slightly confused. I have just checked, and there is no scap-security-guide rpm for RHEL 6.5. Package was first shipped in RHEL6.6, and in RHEL6.5 there has been openscap-content rpm that had one profile only.

For the list of profiles, you can use `oscap info`, (in newest versions of openscap it's even more convenient `oscap info --profiles`. But anyway I would strongly suggest to not automate profile selection. What you want to use is one particular profile, not all of them, and not "any" of them. But maybe there is a use case - can you clarify why do you need to automate profile picking?

Marek