Hi Marek,

Thank you for quick response.

I want to use one particular profile, not all of them, and not "any" of them
but I want to list all the available profiles available on machine and then
select one of them, so was looking for a option.
Using $ oscap info or $ oscap info --profiles gives error stating some-file.xml
is required. As per oscap man page, info requires any-scap-file.xml but I was
looking for option to list all the profiles without specifying the
any-scap-file.xml file.

Sachin

   On Friday, August 24, 2018, 9:58:57 PM GMT+5:30, Marek Haicman
<mhaic...@redhat.com> wrote:

 On 08/24/2018 06:06 PM, Sachin Vyas wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Greetings.
 >
 > I need to perform OpenSCAP scan in an automated manner using command
 > line tool 'oscap' on a RHEL 6.5 machine but not able to find a way to
 > list all the available profiles ( installed by scap-security-guide rpm
 > package ). Is it possible to list all the available profiles on a RHEL
 > 6.5 machine using oscap or by constructing a os command so that I can
 > choose one of the available profiles and feed it into oscap and perform
 > the scan.
 >
 > Thanks
 > Hello Sachin,
I am slightly confused. I have just checked, and there is no
scap-security-guide rpm for RHEL 6.5. Package was first shipped in
RHEL6.6, and in RHEL6.5 there has been openscap-content rpm that had one
profile only.

For the list of profiles, you can use `oscap info`, (in newest versions
of openscap it's even more convenient `oscap info --profiles`. But
anyway I would strongly suggest to not automate profile selection. What
you want to use is one particular profile, not all of them, and not
"any" of them. But maybe there is a use case - can you clarify why do
you need to automate profile picking?

Marek