Am 10.02.2016 um 17:05 schrieb Karl-Philipp Richter:

> Starting `sudo /usr/local/sbin/afsd` after installing in default
> prefix on Ubuntu 15.10 with Linux 4.3.3 fails with `afsd: Error -1 in
> basic initialization.`. In `config.log` I see that `sysname` is
> `amd64_linux26` and [I
> found](https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2004-November/015432.html)
> that if `sysname` is wrongly detected by `configure` similar errors
> might occur. Can you confirm that this is the right `sysname`. In case
> it isn't which one would be the correct one (`configure --help`
> doesn't list possiblities).

Did you consider using Ubuntu's packages (openafs-client,
openafs-modules-dkms)? That will usually get you going in a few seconds.
Depending on your setup, you might also want to add openafs-krb5 (might
be pulled in as dependency anyway) and libpam-afs-session (to get tokens
at login).

HTH...

    Dirk

--