On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 12:46:25PM -0700, Richard Feltstykket wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> We have for the past few years been running openafs under lxc on ubuntu
> 14.04 using bind mounts like this:
>
> lxc.mount.entry = /afs /lxc/containers/cafe/rootfs/afs none bind 0 0
>
> I have just patched one of the hosts.  After starting some of the
> containers, a few minutes later I get a kernel panic with:

When you say "patched", you mean like "apt-get dist-upgrade"?
I assume that a new kernel was part of it; did the update take multiple
minutes (as is needed for DKMS to rebuild the openafs kernel module)?
Have you rebooted since the update?

A possibly plausible cause of this behavior would be a mismatch between
the kernel and kernel module, which is why I ask.

-Ben