On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 14:25 +1300, angus salkeld wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wouldn't this be solved quite well with the AIS-IMM interface?
>
> Obvously it hasn't been implemeted, but if you implemented a subset of the
> interface
> you could get what you are after and we could all benefit from more
> of the AIS spec been implemented.
>
> Initially you could make use of the ImmOi (Object Implementer) interface.
>
> P.S. : I am just starting work on this.

Angus that is great news you are working on this feature!  Please feel
free to send patches along as you do development for any kind of
guidance along the way.

We have had further discussions and at this time it appears we may be
exporting the objdb interface for apps for this purpose.

The main reason we wanted to use these kinds of apis instead of imm is
because most of the code is written already.

When writing the imm, make sure to use the objdb and make improvements
there as necessary.

Regards
-steve