On 07/12/2018 02:43, I. Camps wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to compute the ECFP4 fingerprint for a library of
molecules. The molecules are carbon nanotubes functionalized with -OH
group.

Using OpenBabel, I got a file with the information that the
fingerprint is a 6040 bits set and got hexadecimal numbers.

Using PyBioMed, which is based in RDKIT, I got a binary string of 1024
bits, very different from that obtained with OpenBabel.

My questions are:
1-) How good and reliable is the ECFP4 calculated with OpenBabel?

2-) How can I convert the ECFP4 obtained from OpenBabel in hexadecimal
form to a bit string with only ones and zeros?

I have some code for rdkit's ECFP4 here:
https://github.com/UnixJunkie/consent/blob/master/bin/lbvs_consent_ecfp4.py

And some other code using open-babel, but it is for the MACCS fingerprint, there:
https://github.com/UnixJunkie/consent/blob/master/src/ob_maccs.cpp

Regards,
F.

I need the string in 1´s and 0´s because I will used latter to
calculated the Shannon entropy and the BiEntropy.

[]'s,

Camps