Hello

I am new to OpenBSD. I installed it on an Asus EeePC without much difficulty. I
am trying to get both the ethernet port as well as the wireless to connect to
my router via DHCP.

The ethernet port (ale0) works perfectly - makes a request for DHCP and gets an
IP. The wifi (rel0) fails with the message:

--
DHCPDISCOVER on ral0 - interval 3
interface ale0 already has the offered subnet!

I get this message at boot as well as when I execute dhclient ral0

I am guessing that ral0 is being offered the same IP as the ale0 interface by
the DHCP server (i.e. my outer) and that is the source of this conflict.
However, I am unable to resolve the problem. Other machines (Win/Mac) connected
to the router - simultaniously via wifi as well as ethernet - dont have this
issue.

I am pretty sure I have setup the wifi correctly - when I boot with the
ethernet cable disconnected the wifi interface gets an IP and I am able to
remote login to it.

When wifi is connected and I try dhclient ale0 I get a similar message -
“...interface ral0 already has the offered subnet!”.

Below is contents from the hostname.* file for both interfaces as well as
dhclient.conf.

I have read the manual sections on dhclient.conf, ifclient, as well as
hostname.if but have not found a solution to this issue. Could someone point me
in the right direction

Thanks
Hrishi

------
hostname.ral0

nwid myNetWork
wpakey f0X^hgta
dhcp
-----
hostname.ale0

dhcp
------

dhclient.conf

send host-name "greenpuffy";

interface "ale0"
{
send dhcp-client-identifier 00:22:15:75:91:82;
request subnet-mask,
        broadcast-address,
        routers,
        domain-name,
        domain-name-servers;

require routers,
        subnet-mask,
        domain-name-servers;
}

interface "ral0"
{
send dhcp-client-identifier 00:15:af:e6:44:b7;
request subnet-mask,
        broadcast-address,
        routers,
        domain-name,