As a trivial observation, you did

#dd if=/dev/arandom of=/dev/sd0c bs=1m
instead of as instructed in faq

#dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/rsd0c bs=1m

While the diference between /dev/random and /dev/arandom might not be
important (I'm not knowledgeable enought to say if it is or isn't),
ommiting 'r' from the name of device means that you operated on a device
instead on a raw device. The output reported the end of device. Man dd
isn't explicit, but leads me to believe it wasn't the desired result of the
operation.

In the case you want to test it, you might better choose an usb stick to
save time.

Mind, I have no experience with this and you might better wait for someone
better versed, or ask on @misc.

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Pau Amaro-Seoane <pau.amaro.seo...@gmail.com