Hi List-

Chapter 3 of the OpenCA Guide, Section 1.2.1 reads in part:

"Once the user has requested their certificate the Certificate Authority
will process the certificate request. This may involve a face to face
identification of the user at the Trust Center. When the certificate has
been created the user will be informed by email. This email will also
include a Certificate Revocation Number (CRIN), this number should be
kept in a safe place as it will be required if the user to needs to
revoke their own certificate in the future."

Using RC6 on Gentoo Linux, I've requested 6 certificates thus far with
my test OpenCA installation and issued them all.  Now I'd like to revoke
one of them.

But the problem is, I never received any emails from the OpenCA server
at any of the (all valid) email addresses that I used in requesting the
certs.

Questions:

1) Is there another way to get this CRIN so I can revoke the cert?

2) Why didn't the OpenCA server send out any email messages to the
addresses given in my CSRs?  How do I fix this?  I have postfix
installed, and /usr/lib/sendmail does exist (from postfix).  I have the
default settings in config.xml for:
        <option>
            <name>sendmail</name>
            <value>/usr/lib/sendmail -n -t </value>
        </option>

I've tested mailing messages from the command line with:
"mail -s testSubject [EMAIL PROTECTED] < filename.txt" on the
computer running openca and it works.

Any ideas?

-Kevin