BTW, how do I read the email message that would (apparently) be sent?

I see from examining the dataexchange import/export messages the
filename of the email message that (apparently) would be sent, and I can
read it with cat or less, but when I decode the mime with munpack, I get
a binary smime.p7m file.  It looks like this must be decoded with the
certificate itself.  Is that true?  I presume the CRIN is encoded in
this message then?  So I have to figure out why the message is not being
mailed, and also must use an S/MIME aware email client once I resolve
the first problem.  True?  Just want to make sure.

-Kevin