On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM, <vishnupriya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> when i did   ldd -r /usr/local/lib/opencog/libquery.so,  i got few
> undefined symbols, which i think probably linkage errors.
>
> undefined symbol: _ZN7opencog14EvaluationLink15do_eval_scratchEPNS_
> 9AtomSpaceERKNS_6HandleES2_b (/usr/local/lib/opencog/libquery.so)
> undefined symbol: _ZN7opencog14EvaluationLink11do
> _evaluateEPNS_9AtomSpaceERKNS_6HandleEb (/usr/local/lib/opencog/
> libquery.so)
> undefined symbol: _ZN7opencog12Instantiator11instantiateERKNS_
> 6HandleERKSt3mapIS1_S1_St4lessIS1_ESaISt4pairIS2_S1_EEE
> (/usr/local/lib/opencog/libquery.so)

Hmm. actually, that's normal. Its not fixable, due to a design flaw in
CMake. But that does not explain your crash, since I have the same thing,
and it works for me.

> What to do now?
>
> But the thing is,  i have newly installed  and built atomspace, cogutils
> and opencog in a new laptop. Still i got the unbound variable error.

Did you remove  (load-from-path "opencog.scm")?

Apparently, I sent you on a wild goose chase: the above  (load-from-path
"opencog.scm") is the cause of your problems.  It places you into a model
context, where the global context is not visible. Its absolutely the wrong
thing to do.

I guess you did this, because you found instructions suggesting this,
somewhere... where?  Those instructions need to be fixed.

--linas

> --Vishnu
>

> On Thursday, 15 September 2016 18:44:52 UTC+2, linas wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:28 AM, <vishnup...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> my ~/.guile has
>>>
>>> (use-modules (ice-9 readline)) (activate-readline)
>>> (add-to-load-path "/usr/local/share/opencog/scm")
>>> (add-to-load-path ".")
>>> (use-modules (opencog))
>>> (use-modules (opencog query))

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA34Pr04zAxQq%3Df0CGRf8AsFRhfX2Jx133AxKVB5qqWPMcw%40mail.gmail.com.