Ivan, I mostly agree (superficially) with most of what you are saying, but:
I notice you avoid or over-simplify the issues mentioned in the wikipedia
article "upper ontology".  The points are two fold: different human beings
have subtley different "upper ontologies", they tend to change over time,
they are often logically inconsistent, and they are strongly tied to mood,
alertness, voluability, life-experiences, culture, language.  The way that
Russians, Americans and Chinese think about "outer space" is different: not
only is there no direct word-for-word translation for this concept, but its
worse: different people put different emphasis on what is important about
space, what its important defining characteristics are.  For some people,
"space is infinite", for other people, "space is where star trek happens",
for others still "space is boring, inner space is what we should explore".
So the "meaning" of the word "space" depends on the individual, and on
their identity, their "value system" (what they consider to be important)
and their *political* perspective.  Overtly political, even: "space should
be conquered, and the conqueror gets to put their national flag on it, and
claim all economic extractive rights". So what is "space", really?

--linas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA37KgJ4kAnAn85fhikh4x2nTeDcHrP9wF0TYSKu4m6YSZg%40mail.gmail.com.