Hi Linas,

Thank you for the example:

I think this again helps visualize my further questions:

How is this additional conceptual knowledge harvested in a way that mimics
human thinking on one hand (i.e. it deploys context adequately, established
relevant abstractions, and, generally, creates a structure that is
parsimonious, conceptual (i.e. thing, not string), and supports effective
and efficient  autonomous and goal-directed reasoning over it on the other.

And, thinking out loud some more -- what if a lot of common sense knowledge
is implicit and not observable. We can observe what people do but its much
harder to know why they do it and the connective
(socio-psychological-cultural and value-laden (a now favorite word of mine)
) tissue (personal experiences) that holds it all together and gives it
explanatory meaning.

thank you,

Daniel

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/d582d660-22b4-41fb-906c-f9423869c8b7%40googlegroups.com.