Actually I failed to mention I did receive a few errors during the "Cloning
and building Atomspace" and "Cloning and building OpenCog" -- looks like
some unit tests
 were failing which also showed as errors when I restarted my machine this
morning.   Not sure how detrimental this is but wanted to share for
completeness.

echo
echo ******************  "Cloning and building Atomspace..."
***********************
echo

The following tests FAILED:
         98 - BackwardChainerUTest (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
CMakeFiles/test.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/test'
failed
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/test] Error 8
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:99: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/test.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/test.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:106: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/test.dir/rule'
failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/test.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:197: recipe for target 'test' failed
make: *** [test] Error 2

echo
echo *****************  "Cloning and building OpenCog..."
*****************************
echo

Total Test time (real) =  26.03 sec

The following tests FAILED:
          2 - AtomSpacePublisherModuleUTest (OTHER_FAULT)
          4 - ShellUTest (Failed)
          6 - AnaphoraTest (Failed)
          7 - SuRealUTest (Failed)
          8 - MicroplanningUTest (Failed)