Hi Mike (sending back to opencog list, I think you forgot to reply all),

On 09/20/2017 06:24 PM, Michael Duncan wrote:
ok i have the list order wrong and i'm trying to use shorthand "sugar" to write down the h-graph.
i'm trying to say:

MemberLink
        Predicate "protein relationship 1"
                  ProteinNode "x"
                  ProteinNode "y"
        ConceptNode "GO pathway term name"

MemberLink
        ConceptNode "GO pathway term name"
        Predicate "protein relationship 2"
                  ProteinNode "y"
                  ProteinNode "z"

OK, that looks correct.

where

Predicate "protein relationship 1"
ProteinNode "x"
ProteinNode "y"

is shorthand for one of the fully spelled out h-graphs defined for specific protein concepts "x" and "y" here <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R_AiCCRuWKI92JUCYXJRnKeYw-MiwKLR3kr9fJyYZfs/edit>.

my original formulation was

DefineLink
      DefinedPredicateNode "GO pathway term name"
      AndLink
           Predicate "protein relationship 1"
                 ProteinNode "x"
                 ProteinNode "y"
           Predicate "protein relationship 2"
                 ProteinNode "y"
                 ProteinNode "z"
which was originally problematic because of the sql storage limit on the size of incoming sets.

You say "originally problematic", you mean it no longer is problematic?

Do you mean outgoing set? I think it's unfortunate that the SQL encoding has such limit, there must be a way to alleviate that, I hope.

Nil