On Mon, 27 May 2019 at 13:21, Linas Vepstas <linasveps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, in that context, the first question would be "what do you want to do
> with it?" because that drives all of the design.  If you just want to track
> positions of things, I believe that ROS has some kick-butt solutions for
> that: I mean -- people are building self-driving, self-flying you-name-its
> with ROS and you are not going to beat the sensory infrastructure that has
> been built up there.
>
> My primary interest is to hook up perception to language and spatial
> reasoning. For that, one has to be able to access spatial data on the same
> platform that is doing language -- so, in my case, the AtomSpace.  For
> language and common-sense reasoning, that means prepositions: is it above?
> below? bigger? smaller? etc. so I am pushing for that.  (I really really
> want to be able to say "here, this is opencog actually doing something
> useful", and talking about perception would be that.)

The project is also language-related and already uses OpenCog. Basically a
chat-bot.

> As I understand it, Misgana is still working on it and has something
>> functional.
>>

> !?  Misgana, are you working on something? What? Were?  I rejected your
> (Misgana's) last pull request, because it was a re-invention of the code
> you had written earlier... and your earlier code was already merged (and
> actually, it worked better)

Sorry... I meant Misgana is "working on it" in that it was their
responsibility recently, before being pulled onto another project. And
since there is unmerged code (probably due to the rejected PR), I presumed
it was a work in progress that would be resumed at some stage.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAB6WdMS%2BggQYpxWQcaE4Jczc5RoJrW0n-Pyj%3DEQ3iFoeoNxPew%40mail.gmail.com.