This is fantastic that we are getting it narrowed down. I just built a version on LinuxPPC that kept dying in all the memory routines consistently without netcdf and now I can run every sample over and over and no core dumps. I can switch between samples and no dumps. It looks as though this was my problem as well. I don't have time to look at the netcdf code right now, but it is nice to have a stable usable version of dx on my PPC box now.

I will submit a fixed up configure.in to the cvs tree that allows you to add the --without-netcdf option.

David

I hit the jackpot on the first try!  Building without netcdf support solved
the IRIX problems.  I've been using netcdf 3.4.  Has anyone tried the 3.5b2
version?

amf

David L. Thompson                          The University of Montana
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Computer Science Department
http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/dthompsn           Missoula, MT  59812
                                           Work Phone : (406)257-8530