Martin S. Tignor wrote:
> What changes:
> - The tool selector becomes a set of tabbed pages that
> resemble the canvas area in appearance.  There are
> 2 pages.  One page is a new tool selector that
> is pretty much like the old one.  The 2nd page
> is a list of recently used files.  Double click
> in the list to open a file.  Dxui saves the list
> when it exits and reloads it at start up.

The new look of the tools is very nice indeed!
But I wonder why you have choosen to put the "list
of recently used files" here as a tab.
It's not the place where I would expect it.

Opening files is a matter of the "File->Open..." menu.
I would add a new entry here that says "File->Open previous",
which will show a list of previously edited programs.
I'm referring here to the Nedit way of doing this. I find
that quite intuitive, without cluttering this onto the
canvas. This's more of a menu issue, less of a canvas issue.

It's a very good idea, though, to keep a list of previously
edited programs and make that easily accessible.

> - Drag-n-drop to/from the tool selector is gone
> but I think it was never really needed, anyway.

Oh? I'm using drag/drop from tool selector to canvas
a lot. How else can I add new tools onto the canvas?
What is "Drag-n-drop to the tool selector"? That's
impossible, isn't it?

> I'll be interested in reactions.  One that
> I've gotten so far is that it might be better to
> remove the "( ALL )" category from the categorized
> list and put it in a separate page.

I wonder if there are more people like me: I mostly
do not think of a tool as being part of a category, but
simply remember its name. So I use the All category and
browse to the tool by knowing its place in the alphabetical
list. Removing "All", will disable this style of using
the tool menu. Or will "Type ahead" resolve this?

Regards,
Rob.