>Hi,
> how to define general unstructured grids on the Native File Format? ie.
>hexas, tetras, and other polygons in a mixture? To me it seems that I have
>to specify "cubes" or "tetrahedrals" as attribute ro the connections.
>
>Thank you!
>/Niklas, new in the game.

You cannot mix topologies within a single "connections" element. The only
permitted polyhedra are cubes (in practical usage, only cubes"3D" or hexes)
and tetrahedra. The only permitted polygons are quads and triangles.
Wedges, pyramids, etc. must be decomposed to tets. Mixed topology including
tets and hexes must be decomposed to tets or separated into two distinct
fields with different topology (which imposes limitations on functions like
Streamline that can't pass through the boundary). CollectMultigrid is not
an option since the same topology must exist in all member fields.

The definitions for those elements that are permitted are easiest seen in
the PDF documents online (the html versions obliterate the details due to
lousy scanned images).
http://opendx.npaci.edu/docs/pdf/userguide.pdf
Chapter 3, page 21 (this is page 57 in the PDF but 21 in the scanned document)

Chris Pelkie
Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
30 West Meadow Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
[EMAIL PROTECTED]