Hi,

I'm new to OpenDX (though I've got a long history with AVS 5) and after going through all the tutorials and examples, I'm still having trouble visualizing my data set. I've got model results on a regular (finite difference) 3-D mesh and I'd like to visualize them as "voxels", that is as connection-dependent so that values are assigned to the entire cell, not to the vertices of the cell. In fact, the data are cell-based cubes so they should look like solid bricks in the visualization. Now, I've been able to generate visualizations that are pretty much want I want with the exception that the colors on the cell faces are not opaque. Therefore, when the looking at the visualization, there is enough transparency that one cannot discern the colors of cell faces closest to the viewer.

Any thoughts on how best to treat these data? I'd also like to cut away at the mesh by removing bricks of a certain value (sort of like isosurface, but without interpolation.

Thanks in advance,
Karl

Karl Pohlmann
Associate Research Hydrogeologist
Division of Hydrologic Sciences
Desert Research Institute
755 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV  89119
Phone: 702-862-5485        Fax: 702-862-5427
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dri.edu/People/karl/
                                 - - - __o