Fred,

--On 06/04/2004 02:57:14 PM -0700 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I need to interpolate the values at the positions on the grid from the
cell-centers.  This is particularly troublesome on the boundary of the
active model cells.

What I call the "cell center method" creates a new grid with nodes at the cell centers of the original grid. Then, the original cell data is assigned to the nodes of the new grid. No interpolation, no changes to the data. I do this in a custom DX module but there might be a way to do it with standard modules. The new grid stops half a cell from the boundaries of the original grid but the improved accuracy in, say, isosurfaces can be amazing.

Kent
- - -
Kent Eschenberg   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   412-268-6829
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center