From: Nicolas Neuss [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 October, 2004 08:28
To: opendx2-users@lists.berlios.de
Subject: [opendx-users] Bug?

Hello,

I have posted about this problem before, but without any answer.  I assume
this is a bug in my version of DX (04.03.0002 from Debian/testing).  Could
someone confirm that my observation is correct?

I have the following data in DX native format in the file dxbug.dx:

object 1 class array type float rank 1 shape 2 items 5 data follows
0.     0.
1.     1.
1.     0.5
0.5     1.
0.5     0.5
object 3 class array type int rank 1 shape 4 items 1 data follows
4 3 2 1
attribute "element type" string "quads"
attribute "ref" string "positions"
object 4 class array type float rank 0 items 5 data follows
1.0
1.0
1.0
1.0
1.0
attribute "dep" string "positions"
object "quad-part" class field
component "positions" value 1
component "connections" value 3
component "data" value 4
end

Then I execute the following commands in script mode (dx -script):

data = "">
image = AutoColor(data);
camera = AutoCamera(image, direction="front", background="" resolution=480, aspect=1.0);
image = Render(image, camera);
Display (image);

I get a picture with an upper right square with a diagonal black line.
Where does this line come from?  Is it that DX decomposes the quad in two
triangles?  Is there a way to avoid these kind of errors?

Yours, Nicolas.