Hi :)

Comments inline.

Never said the opposite. And so? :)

> 2-The license controversial status is in itself a debatable statement,
> depending on whether you see copyleft to be more "free" than liberal styled
> licensed. however I think the limitation of non-derivative work is a
> secondary concern so is the non-commercial use.

Wait, you are mixing stuff.

First: the NC and ND clauses have been widely denounced as non-free,
by many in the FOSS and free culture communities at large. (People
have even written alternative licenses to support and widen the -by-SA
type, but this is another discussion.) I am sorry to disappoint you
but I do consider that a content/site/whatever which is distributed
under either -by-NC or -by-ND or under -by-NC-ND is non-free. In the
definition of free software, you have the freedoms to use, study,
modify and do whatever you like, which includes sell. So, by not
allowing some of these -- that is, what NC and ND and their
combination do -- you restrict certain freedoms. Which, imho, is not
acceptable: either we defend all freedoms or just some of them.

Second, the goal of the website has nothing to do with the license
under which the CMS running it is released. These are totally
unrelated.

Third, what does "liberal styled license" mean?

Lastly, NC and ND are totally independent clauses. So, your very last
sentence is irrelevant and invalid :)

> 3-I never thought of wordpress as a CMS, it is a great blogging engine but
> that is where I see it. on drupal or joomla, we could swing either way. I am
> personally a ruby/python guy for lightweight web projects but it might be
> more challenging to find more people to support/customize radiantCMS for
> example.

What does it mean "a CMS is a great blogging tool but that is where I
see it?" A CMS -- *content* management, that is -- just does this:
handles content. Regardless of the content ya3ni.

> 4-The world doesn't end by choosing a CMS that we think later we should
> change, version 2.0 of anything is always better so as long as we start
> somewhere and succeed enough to need 2.0 then we will cross that bridge when
> we get there.

Er, I beg to disagree. It is volunteer community. Migrating a website
with content and stuff is a sheer volume of work, I will certainly
avoid doing it if I can. And this means choosing the CMS wisely.

> 5-Typo3 has fairly easy to manage admin interface for content editor/site
> administrator I thought that was a big advantage.

Why not taking Wordpress then? if this is the only advantage of Typo3,
then it is not an advantage cuz it is already a basic feature of many
others :) Bottom line is that it's better to take a CMS that the
biggest number of contributors know how to work with rather than
something that's just cool. Don't forget that the entry barrier must
be as low as possible in order not to restrict people willing to help
but not knowing how to use the tool.

> 6-This is still on staging, if there are volunteers who want to setup drupal
> or joomla so we can try before we buy that is great. if not, as mentioned in
> #4, we can move forward and come back to that later.

I beg to disagree again :) To me, we need to prototype and set up
needs then match tools to these. Not take one tool and try to shoehorn
stuff into it, then decide to engage into even more time- and
effort-requiring direction.

Sorry to sound kinda harsh, it is not my intention, written
communication has its limits ;) Just that I've been seeing this kind
of discussions a countless number of times and communities getting
stuck and drawn back by endless discussions on tools without
identifying needs and targets.

Talk laterz, and belhanna to all these who are going to have dinner :)

Rayna