Ian,

I think it is fanciful to suggest that this could be done reliably by a system
based purely on LOINC codes/definitions without recourse to manual construction
of a list of codes or without knowing what constraints have been imposed on the
sources of lab data.

By the way, there is already a LOINC code to cover tests that encompass either
mass or molar concentrations of  creatinine  in serum or plasma:-

35203-9         Creatinine [Mass or Moles/​volume] in Serum or Plasma ( see
http://r.details.loinc.org/LOINC/35203-9.html?sections=Comprehensive ).
But despite the fact that its use for lab reporting is discouraged, its very
existence almost guarantees that it will be used. The fact that this code is
included in HEDIS panels and Value Sets suggest it might have been introduced
into LOINC for downstream quality reporting.

A quick look through my LOINC tables shows the following potential codes that
might need to be considered:-

 "Creatinine [Mass or Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] (Maximum value during study) in Serum or Plasma"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1 day post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1 hour post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1 hour pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1.5 hours pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --10 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --12 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --16 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --18 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2 days post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2 hour specimen"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2.25 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --3 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --3.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --3.75 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --30 minutes post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --30 minutes pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --4 days post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --4 hour specimen"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --4 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --4.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --45 minutes post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --45 minutes pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --5.25 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --5.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --6 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --6.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --7 days post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --8 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --9 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --baseline"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --post dialysis"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --pre contrast"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma --pre dialysis"
 "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma"

 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum, Plasma or Blood"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1 day post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1 hour post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1 hour pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --1.5 hours pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --10 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --12 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --16 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --18 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2 days post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --2.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --3 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --3.5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --30 minutes post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --30 minutes pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --4 days post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --4 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --45 minutes post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --45 minutes pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --5 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --6 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --7 days post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --8 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --9 hours post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --baseline"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --post XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --post dialysis"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --pre XXX challenge"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma --pre dialysis"
 "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma"

 "Creatinine and Glomerular filtration rate.predicted panel - Serum or Plasma"

There are probably others.

regards,
eric

Eric Browne