In recent months I've had some discussions with Dan Vreeman at Regenstrief
about the need to be able to group or aggregate "clinically equivalent"
LOINC codes (however "clinically equivalent" is defined - mol and mass is
one obvious case).  The original impetus for our discussion isn't being
pursued on my end at the moment, but Dan did say that Regenstrief is
embarking on an effort of their own to develop the capability for doing
something like this.  I am sure that they would be interested in hearing
about use cases that are being identified that need this capability (and
also about anyone with an interest in helping them with getting the work
done).

Rob

--
Robert Hausam, MD