Hi,

It is known for quite some time that digital signatures are not the
best solution to encrypt information that has to be archived.
For functions like this we need a real person/organisation that
provides this archiving function.

see by Ross Anderson:
http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/ec98/
full_papers/anderson/anderson.pdf