Hi,

My personal thoughts.

In general the normal range is dependent on the type of lab method
and specific lab and valid in a particular context (male, female,
old, young, time, etc)
So the information can be provided by the lab only. They know (should
know) what all the normal ranges in all relevant contexts are.

Of course for the purpose of providing lab results archetypes will be
produced.
In these lab-reporting archetypes there must be a spot where this
type of information can be provided.

IT techies think many times that absolute figures are very important.
In general trends provide more useful information than single
absolute figures

Gerard

--  <private> --
Gerard Freriks, arts