Hi,

I'm not a pathologist.
But was a GP.

As GP I'm not interested in an arbitrary classification.
What is minimally necessary are: the value, the units of measurement
and the normal range as used in that lab for that measurement at that
time.
What is handy (optional) and only for signalling a human reader, and
NOT for computer semantic processing, are: a Flag that a value is out
of range, and a comment/advice/interpretation provided by the lab.

"Value" is not always a series of digits. It can be an ordinal. It
can be text.

Gerard
--  <private> --
Gerard Freriks, arts