Hi Huge,

In SNOMED CT languages and dialects are coded in the following way

First, a mandatory language code from ISO639-1 ?Codes for the representation
of names of languages? for representation of the language.

After the ISO639-1 code is it possible to add dash and an upper-case string
that identify the dialect. If the dialect is general in a whole country then
a code from ISO3166 ?Codes for the representation of names of countries? is
used. If the dialect is not general for a country then a code from Internet
Assigned Numbers Authority, IANA, is used. The documentation says that this
approach is similar to the approach used by W3C.

I think this is quite similar to what you have found.

            /Mikael

  _____