On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 15:14 +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> That's precisely how I would want a DSS to work for
> interfacing it with GNUmed. When I last looked at EGADSS (a
> year or so ago) it looked like they wanted me to use their
> own GUI not just for defining guidelines but also make the
> user use their GUI to check for guideline adherence of
> patients handed over from an EMR.
>
> IOW, I couldn't find any documentation on how to get
> instructions back into GNUmed. Any pointers ?

once upon a time there was a pretty good demo online and it appeared to
adhere to the initial concepts.  As I said; I left the project due to
the chosen implementation strategy.  I am therefore not 100% certain how
it works in implementation now.  I don't hold out much hope for a
collaborative open source community around this project though.

******
In full disclosure though; for those thinking about using EGADSS.
I was recently asked (a few weeks ago) to facilitate a conference call
with "EGADSS people" and the FreeMED Foundation in order for the
Foundation to gain some open source project management position and move
the project forward.  In my investigation of the status of EGADSS I
found that it is only being used as a tool in Dr. Jankhe's computer
science courses at this time.  Dr. Jankhe is the one that took over my
position as project technical lead and drove the implementation in it's
current direction.  I was never able to build any real open source
mindset within the group and left in frustration.  Dr. Jankhe had told
me in one of our first meetings that he could never promote open source
because Microsoft was a major contributor to his computer science
program.  You can take all this for what it is worth and maybe the
FreeMED Foundation will be able to rekindle some open source energy in
the project?  Either way, I believe a re-implementation is the best way
to go.  As Paul Harvey ( http://www.paulharvey.com/ )would say; "Now you
know, the rest of the story." :-)
****

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services