Hi TimmyX

an acXXXX constraint has been designed for defining terminology value
sets by query.

In your case several constraining the text ELEMENT to several at codes
should do the job (the Archetype Editor supports that via 'internal
codes' in the constraints tab right to the definition area.

Something like that should do

ITEM_TREE[at0003] matches {     -- Tree
                                                                items
cardinality matches {0..*; unordered} matches {

CLUSTER[at0004] occurrences matches {0..1} matches {    -- Top

items cardinality matches {0..*; unordered} matches {

        ELEMENT[at0005] occurrences matches {0..1} matches {    --
Default Spoken

                value matches {

                        DV_CODED_TEXT matches {

                                defining_code matches {

                                        [local::

                                        at0006,         -- bla

                                        at0007] -- blub

                                }

                        }

                }

        }

}
                                                                        }
                                                                }

Regarding sub elements you were right: CLUSTERS are the way to do that
in Archetypes! If you have a pattern which is always the same, you
could create a CLUSTER-Archetype and  reuse it...

Cheers, Thilo