Hi Charlie,

> Alongside that I would say that these architectural and process
> discussions are valuable - "There is nothing so practical as a good
> theory" [1] -- interestingly Kurt Lewin was as interested in how to
> find good theories, as in maintaining a productive balance between
> theory and practice.  My hope is that the healthcare IT community
> (Ants, elephants and the rest of the menagerie) delivers increasing
> value while continuing to learn together and from each other.

I have some phrases on my own ;)

1. "Practical philosofy" is just a contradiction, like in "army intelligence".
2. All models are wrong.
3. Perfection doesn't exist.

> I am sure that the learning will involve sacred cows being challenged
> and passed over, and will involve some discomfort as well as delight.
> It will involve engineering, economics, politics, personalities, and
> more

Yes, but we cannot make a revolution in every step we take, because:
1. It's has an enourmous cost
2. We see the tree and not the forest

We have to find what we have in common in order to make a stronger community,
if not, we are just ants that can't work together, and destined to die of
hunger.

My opinion is that today we have to work to make a stronger community, working
on a common objetive. May be then we can make a big anthill of the size of an
elephant.

Kind regards,
Pablo.