And none of your examples are vertical industry IT standards.
Mark Bezzina for Stds Australia pointed out to me that IT
vertical standards are a totally different thing to every other
kind of standard.

You're trying to portray Health IT as some kind of
bizarre exemption, in that things are totally done
in a weird way. But I don't think it's an exemption: I
think most IT verticals have the same problem, which
is that standards are being used as a stalking horse
for research.

Grahame