Hi!

Let the battle begin :-) see:
http://www.imt.liu.se/~erisu/2011/AOM-beauty-contest.html

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 13:24, Thomas Beale <
thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com> wrote:

> actually, ADL 2.0 as reported in this document is now obsolete. The ADL
> 1.5 compiler already does this, and will use it as a fast save/retrieve
> format.

Will cADL become optional or go away somehow?

One area where dADL beats JSON and YAML (I think) is its better support for
> Xpath-like paths.

Why would that be different? I guess most path queries will run
on instantiated object trees rather than on documents and then there is no
difference - and if paths were run directly on documents, then please
explain why dADL would support them better.

> Plus its much more compact than JSON.

Much? Less noisy I would agree to though.

> Personally I find YAML hard to read because there are so many syntax
> elements (triple '-', triple '.' etc) but that might just be me.

Have a look at...
http://www.imt.liu.se/~erisu/2011/AOM-beauty-contest.html
...again.

The triple '-' and triple '.' are (mostly optional) start and end markers
of documents that make life easier when concatenating streams/documents,
see the YAML specification.

Am I the only one that thinks YAML is more readable than dADL?

Best regards,
Erik Sundvall
erik.sundvall at liu.se http://www.imt.liu.se/~erisu/  Tel: +46-13-286733