Hi Thomas,

yes - everyone goes through the same process I think. The P_ classes I now
have in the ADL 1.5 compiler are my latest addition in this process.

[HKF: ] No, this is something you learn as it sounds like both you, I and
others do doubt have learned.  The first thing a new comer does is use their
favourite XML toolkit to create classes and instances derived from the XML
Schema.  This is why we still get questions about the slight variations that
we currently between the schema and the specifications.

The thing is, we do want to reduce the entry point to use openEHR and if we
require a custom serializer then we make this entry point harder.

well, not if all the tooling is done.... and easy to use. Who writes their
own XML parser these days?

[HKF: ] Wasn't talking about that.  However, actually we do, they are
SAX-based readers where we want a stream reader into a domain model rather
than an XML DOM.

As I have stated previously, even with existing tools out there such as the
Eiffel, Java, Python, Ruby and C# open source projects, people will still
write their own for whatever reason.  I bet there are at least a dozen Java
RM implementations in the world, I know of four.

Heath