From: pazospa...@hotmail.com
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org
Subject: Understanding how to commit contributions to an EHR Server with XML
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:14:15 -0300

Hi all,
I'm studying the change_control package to create a simple example of data
commit to an EHR Server (to be used in a future course). I'm also reading the
service examples published on the wiki (Ocean & Marand EHR Services).
As I understand it, when an EMR app (local) wants to commit data to an EHR
Server (global/shared), all committed data (e.g. a list of Version<Compositon>)
should be referenced by a Contribution. Also, each Version<Composition>
references the container Contribution. All references are managed using
OBJECT_REF instances.
My idea is to make the commits using XML messages (following openEHR XSDs) with
only one message per commit.I don't know if I can represent both references
using openEHR XML (Contribution->Version & Version->Contribution).
I suppose this operation [1] on the Ocean's EHR Services is resolving both
references internally: void CommitContribution(HierObjectId ehrId, AuditDetails
commitAudit, OriginalVersion[] versions)
Another assumption on that service, is the AuditDetails has the Attestation to
sign all the committed Versions (the signature for all the Versions is
calculated using the same AuditDetails object).
I've seen Version XML examples where the Version has a reference to a
Contribution, but the referenced Contribution is a mistery for me :) (it could
be really helpful if someone can share an XML example of a Contribution).

Any ideas, pointers & corrections are very welcome!
(BTW: I don't want to implement a full version-controlled environment, just
want to make a simple commit process the right way).

[1]
http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/spec/Ocean+Informatics+EHR+Service+Interface
--
Kind regards,