On 24/06/2012 13:21, Bert Verhees wrote:
> Thanks, David for your answer.
>
> Excuse me my bit confusing email from yestrday, I was in a hurry
> preparing a meal for guests, and at the same time working.
>
> This not about bugs but mostly about features as designed
>
> Although there are formal reasons for the current status of the
> archetype-editors, is the situation not very satisfying for
> customers/users, and does not help to get customers to choose for the
> OpenEHR architecture.
> Silently losing parts of archetypes, having to work with text-editors,
> unpredictable behaviour.
>
> - The LinkEHR-editor does not accept OCEAN-editor constructs as
> C_DV_QUANTITY, and thus, does not allow multiple constraints on a
> DV_QUANTITY
> - The Ocean-editor silently removes the DV_QUANTITY construct created
> by the LINKEHR-editor, and asks the the user to save the changes. If
> the user has made some changes and wants to change them, and he is
> unaware of the problem, he removes without knowing his DV_QUANTITY
> constructs, which are legal constructs.
> - The OCEAN editor silently removes the NodeID on DataValues which are
> always created by the LinkEHR editor.
> - The LinkEHR editor silently adds NodeID's on DataValues as the
> archetype does not have them.
>
> /The problem with the NodeId on ELEMENT-values is more serious than it
> appears, because software can use the path to the ELEMENT-value
> instead of the path to the ELEMENT itself.
> After opening and saving the archetype in the OCEAN-editor, the
> node-id's are gone, and this can render software to become useless,
> because the paths the software used are not anymore visible.
> The recreating of the NodeID's is not a solution because there  is no
> guarantee the node's will get the same at-codes.
> /

Normally, there is only 1 child of an ELEMENT, and an ELEMENT always has
a node_id (due to the rule for multiple-valued attributes, i.e.
CLUSTER.items); that means in these cases, the path for the ELEMENT and
the path to the data value it contains are distinct, as you can see here:

In the rare cases where there are multiple alternatives for
ELEMENT.value, the node_id might not be there, according to the current
rules in the ADL 1.5 draft, if the RM types are different. This probably
will lead to ambiguity, so I think the current rules have to be
tightened to force all single-attribute children to have node ids in all
cases.

With that change, the rules still allow for no node_id where it is not
needed to disambiguate sibling nodes in archetypes, which is very
frequently (nearly all ELEMENT.value) cases, and quite a few other
attributes as well. The idea is to avoid having to create junk node ids
and unnecessarily long paths.

> //
> - The LinkEHR creates per default the line: terminologies_available =
> <...> which is not accepted by the Ocean-Editor

All tools should silently ignore this line in the future, and when
serialising, not generate it, unless in a strict 1.4 mode.

> - The OCEAN editor still not is able to create Demographic archetypes,
> the LINKEHR editor does.

we will be able to do that with the ADL Workbench soon.

> Solutions could be:
> - Let the LinkEHR editor accept C_DV_QUANTITY and C_DV_ORDINAL as the
> Ocean editor does
> - Let the Ocean editor accept DV_QUANTITY constructs.

it certainly should do that...

> - Never change archetypes silently!!!

I agree that this behaviour is not preferable...

> - Make the creation of NodeID's on datavalues in the LinkEHR editor
> optional (configurable and put it default off, as it is only for
> transition-purpose which isn't possible in the free version)

Right; we should make all tools obey the new rules, i.e. if there are
sibling nodes, then you need node ids, otherwise they are optional.