On 30/04/2013 18:30, Diego Bosc? wrote:
> I think Thomas created it from scratch. There is a page on the wiki
> discussing it
> (http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/dev/Machine-readable+model+representations+of+openEHR),
> but we studied mostly to the bmm files included on the archetype
> workbench in order to understand it.

yep. That link explains why I did it. Simple summary: XMI is a horror
and hardly works between tools that implement it (and there is no hope
of hand-writing an XMI schema). And Ecore was broken for generic types.
We might converge to some Ecore/EMF format at some point, but right now,
BMM is a nice lightweight format, and works ok.

Michael van der Zel at Results4Care put together a great little plug-in
for Enterprise Architect that traverses a UML model in memory and pumps
out a BMM schema for it. So now we have a nice way of having a primary
UML model expression and a generated tool-consumable format (BMM
schemas), which will help tool chains components to communicate - right
now the ADL workbench and now LinkEHR can consume it.

The converter is pretty good right now, but David Moner's group has
obviously found a few more bugs than I found, which is good - hopefully
we can converge on a very tight version of the EA converter soon. Then
the same thing can be done with openEHR, 13606, any other model in EA,
which means we have a way of representing a RM in UML, and driving
archetype tools from that.

I'm just putting together a GitHub repo now for it on which I'll post a
spec, the class models I use (in UML) and pointers to every
implementation we can find.