Dear Bert,

Those are very good questions, but I'm afraid that they are still open
research questions. So just some educated guesses:

I think that occurrences and cardinality should easily be covered by an
integrity constraint validator, while structure and illegal properties
depend on how the OWL is modelled. By the way, when I read your
question, I had to think of work that has been done to validate
archetypes themselves, maybe you find that interesting, too:
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-674/Paper150.pdf

I'm also not an expert on AQL queries, but from what I've seen so far
they resemble SPARQL a lot, and there has been some work on translating
XPath queries into SPARQL. However, I am not sure whether off-the-shelf
tools exists, and if not how much work it would be to program it yourself.

If you are completely new to the topic, there is also a short article by
Tim Berners-Lee explaining " Why RDF model is different from the XML
model": http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/RDF-XML.html It might be a good
starting point for understanding graph patterns!

Best,
Kathrin