Hi Bert,
I have the need to clarify some of your assertions about my previous messages:

      Pablo advises you to use a relational database.
That?s not true. I supposed David were working with relational, but he didn't
confirmed that.
openEHR persistence should be DBMS independent, so I'll never advise to use
relational over other thing without knowing requirements. DBMS option should
depend on requirements. (e.g. how data will be used / consumed).
Also, there are different level of persistence needed: for local systems,
shared/federated systems, mobile and cloud based. For local systems and some
shared systems, I would recommend relational. Maybe also for mobile persistence
on the device. For other kinds, I'll suggest XML/JSON based DB. And for some
applications, I would recommend EAV or path-value.I know some of those are
different from your solution, but that is not mean that are not suitable for a
huge space of solutions. I don't believe in one-fits-all solutions.
IMO, this doesn't give David the answer he needs. Is good to give him options.
Consider he's on a learning process.

      I don't think that is suitable for a good working kernel,
I'm not talking about a kernel, I'm talking about persistence. One architect
can put that layer on a kernel or as a service on the cloud, depends also on
requirements.
because you cannot run path-based queries against it, but for a start it might
work.
That's not true. Anyone can run path based queries against any type of DBMS,
relational included. You just need a query transformer as recommended by AQL
articles.