Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 10:42:54 +0800
From: edwin_ue...@163.com
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re:C-CDA was created because they do not know openEHR? :)

Dear sir,
    let me share a litttle thought of mine about this CCDA thing
    dating back to 2000, CDA is created and used in some places in USA and in
2005 it is evoved to Release 2, in that time ,there is not only one CDA for the
clinical document representation in USA,for some continuity of care and
specially for patient transfer between different facilities there is a standard
named CCR, after some kinds of fighting,they all agreed to use CDA as the basic
format or model to solve the continuity of care problem ,which became the most
widely used across the whole world CCD(Continuity of Care Document) in 2007,in
this CCD they defined different kinds of templates for vital signs and chief
complaint and so on.after then IHE,HITSP and HL7 they create  a bunch of other
IG for different use cases, for example public health section .these all
existing IGs contain a number of templates(section level and entry level )
inherit the constraints defined in the original CCD standards and inconsistency
between these templates bring them a new level interoperability problem.in
order to solve this mess they came to the idea to create a unified template
library based on these efforts these SDO and agency have  done.
    at last I want to say  maybe CDA is not that widely used across the
world,openEHR is definitely less.
kind regards

--
???15901958021