Hello,

At this point I think that is the only option. I want to believe that the
SNOMED CT Expression Constraint Language has been designed with a future
evolution of SNOMED CT in mind, where concepts will be enriched with
numerical values. For example, SNOMED CT now contains a set of Virtual
Medical Products (VMP) such as "[374649006] Amoxicillin 400mg/5mL
suspension (product)" with two relationships:
- Has active ingredient →  Amoxicillin
- Has dose form →  Oral suspension
If these relationships are enriched with the medication strength, then the
VMP concepts would be better defined and could be queried using the
numerical options of the constraint language.

> On 30/09/2015 07:51, michael.law...@csiro.au wrote:
>
> Imagine instead the example was using the corresponding AMT concepts
> (since snomed pure doesn't have any concrete domain modelling -- I.e.
> numeric values).
>
> Then the focus concept would be the AMT amoxycillin Medicinal Product
> concept 21415011000036100 and the constraint matches would be MPUUs and
> TPUUs with capsule form and between 500 and 800 mg of amoxycillin as an
> active ingredient
>

> ok - so the query would be applied to instances in a drug database (each
> instance there is a drug descriptor)?
>
> - thomas

David Moner Cano
Grupo de Informática Biomédica - IBIME
Instituto ITACA
http://www.ibime.upv.es
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmoner

Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV)
Camino de Vera, s/n, Edificio G-8, Acceso B, 3ª planta
Valencia – 46022 (España)