From: openEHR-technical [mailto:openehr-technical-boun...@lists.openehr.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Beale
Sent: Fri 30/10/2015 15:04
To: openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: Binding to multiple terminologies / code systems

Dave,

the solution to this situation is not yet 100% clear in ADL2 (it is in ADL1.4,
as others have described). We are trying to define a cleaner way to represent
it in ADL2, but I'm still not clear on the requirements. It appears that the
scenario you have is that since SNOMED CT, READ and CTV3 are extant in the UK,
coding should be allowed using any of those, but not by other means.

Does this apply across the whole HSCIC model library? Or do you want some more
fine-grained control, e.g.:

 *   do you want to designate certain terminologies for specific templates ?
E.g. template A can only use SCT, but template B can use any of the three?
 *   do you need to say on a node-by-node basis in a single template, e.g. this
node must be coded by SCT, but this other node by say SCT-or-READ, and this
third node, any of the 3 are allowed?

If others can clarify requirements in this area as well, it would be very
helpful.

See here in the ADL2 draft spec
<http://www.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/docs/ADL2/ADL2.html#_terminology_integration>
 for current thinking on this.

thanks

- thomas

On 29/10/2015 15:31, Barnet David (HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INFORMATION CENTRE)