Hi all,

I'm reading through the AQL specs, on this section
http://openehr.org/releases/QUERY/latest/docs/AQL/AQL.html#_containment it
is mentioned that CONTAINS is from parent to child.

Most examples there show COMPOSITION CONTAINS ENTRY. In a case that there
is a SECTION in the middle, should AQL be always COMPOSITION CONTAINS
SECTION CONTAINS ENTRY?

Before reading this specific point I was thinking that CONTAINS allowed to
look anywhere on the COMPOSITION tree, semantically looking for "child or
descendant", instead of just "child".

If we have only direct "child" references, having a small tree of SECTIONs
can make queries more complex, like COMPOSITION CONTAINS SECTION CONTAINS
SECTION CONTAINS SECTION CONTAINS ENTRY ...

Would it be useful to have that kind of "child or descendant" containment
operator added to AQL?

What do others think?

--
Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez