Semantic Interoperability is possible only when each. distinct domain:
has its own model
has its own rules
and always orthogonal to other models.

A terminology can be equated to a Dictionary.
A terminology is never an Encyclopedia of everything.

We need a terminology of concepts related to the Patient System.
And we need a terminology for things not related, such as Units of Measurement.
There will be more terminologies we need: basic archetype patterns for
documentation, time-related concepts, medical devices, continuity of care,
business modelling, etc.

So I agree with Thomas.
SNOMED must have bounderies.
I fear that the SNOMED world is without a well defined scope.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gf...@luna.nl

Kattensingel  20