Great work! A very good contribution both as code (with widely usable
licence) and in practice as a specification debugging effort!

//Erik Sundvall

P.s. Regarding Javascript I’d recommend looking at the related Typescript
superset instead for anybody wanting to do implement openEHR RM or AM on
client side in browsers. It will  likely feel more familiar for Java (and
Eiffel) people and others wanting to do generics, type checking etc.

Is anybody out there working on or planning a Typescript (or possibly
JavaScript) based openEHR library implementation with a permissive open
source licence (like Apache 2)? I guess many thoughts and design patterns
from Archie could be reused... Such a library could be used for e.g.
https://angular.io/ and/or https://nodejs.org/en/ based projects.

lör 3 feb. 2018 kl. 22:12 skrev Peter Gummer <peter.gum...@gmail.com>:

> Interaction with a JavaScript front-end could be done with any back-end
> programming language — it doesn’t have to be Java.
>
> So your point is that Archie's serialisation and deserialisation to JSON
> will will assist this? I believe Thomas’s Eiffel implementation already has
> JSON serialisation, since about 5 years ago.
>
> Peter
>

> > On 3 Feb 2018, at 23:03, Pieter Bos <pieter....@nedap.com> wrote:
> >
> > Or a Java app with rest api and a JavaScript frontend. Let the java
> application take care of parsing, validating, flattening, operational
> template creation etc and send json to your front end. Archie has built-in
> json serialization and deserialization support.
> >
> > Pieter
> >
> > Op 3 feb. 2018 om 12:05 heeft Seref Arikan <
> serefari...@kurumsalteknoloji.com<mailto:serefari...@kurumsalteknoloji.com>>
> het volgende geschreven:
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Presumably via use of a transpiler or a bytecode to js/webassembly
> compiler.
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Peter Gummer <peter.gum...@gmail.com
> <mailto:peter.gum...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > On 1 Feb 2018, at 05:13, Thomas Beale <thomas.be...@openehr.org<mailto:
> thomas.be...@openehr.org>> wrote:
> >
> > ... But the main interest is that we will be able to build new tools
> such as a Java/JS replacement for the ADL Workbench, and of course things
> like a high-quality, BMM-driven runtime archetype validating kernel for EHR
> systems, workflow implementations and many other components.
> >
> > Hi Thomas, does “JS” stand for JavaScript? If so, I don’t understand how
> Archie (written in Java, disappointingly) would enable JavaScript
> implementations. JavaScript has nothing in common with Java (apart from the
> name).
> >
> > Peter

Sent from mobile.