On 23/02/2018 15:36, Pieter Bos wrote:
For microservices with enough traffic, or for devices with limited processing
power or limited bandwidth, a binary encoding makes sense. However, GRPC would
not be my first choice for OpenEHR - you would have to find a way to map all
the inheritance in the OpenEHR model to protocol buffers.

actually, you don't need to do that, you can just map to protobuf from inheritance-flattened form of the model classes. That can easily be generated from a model - UML tools, do it, BMM supports it, I think it should also be easy via Java reflection.

- thomas