Heather,

As  you know Brazil has chosen to adopt SNOMED CT on a business case basis,
trying to create clinical models that make the better use of structures and
meaning.
Therefore my research group has dedicated to study detailed clinical models
and to deepen our knowledge of Snomed CT. We agree with GF that we have
four ways to do it and that depends  on the use cases.  As Mikael said
there’s no fix boundary between when you use pre or post coordinatinated
expressions, although context to me naturally is easier to be represented
in the structure ( templates).
TO leverage our knowledge os Snomed CT everyone in our team has taken the
Snomed CT Foundation Course. I think that many assumptions made here are
explained there.
BRAZIL has just joined Snomed CT International. We intend to propose  a
creation of a Worlgroup   focussed on DCMs, for the openEHR community, as
Thomas tried to do years ago.
I will be In London for the next Business meeting, and gladly would have a
meeting with others with the same objective.
Jussara Rötzsch