Hi Philippe,
See inline please

On Friday, March 30, 2018, Philippe Ameline <philippe.amel...@free.fr>
wrote:

> Le 28/03/2018 à 23:42, GF a écrit :
>
> I see the analogies:
> - Ontology = Encyclopedia
> - Terminology = Dictionary
> - Archetype = Phrase
>

> Hi Gerard,
>
> I would rather see Archetypes as "discourse models" that form a mold for
> sentences or groups of sentences. The Phrase, in you enumeration, would
> rather be the instantiated information (stored in database).
>
> If you are curious about the way a tree of concept can be homogeneous to a
> sentence, Google "dependency grammar".
>
> This has been my main topic for 30 years in the report generation domain,
> and I can say that "simply ordering information on a form" and "trying to
> tell something using a structured vocabulary" are much different tasks.
> Typically, the first approach concentrates on the leaves while the other
> makes certain that branches give the proper meaning to the leaves.

You nailed it here. My approach to openEhr based data warehouse design has
been taking the leaf nodes of compositions as facts and paths to them as
dimensions.
The design of RM fits this view really well.

It is a bit of an irony that strongest focus on openEhr adoption is on the
data creation step, i.e. clinical care and its potential for secondary use
rarely gets attention